Opening an online store can be confusing. There are a lot of elements that go into making an online store and
a store's success can depend on getting them done right. Stearns Design has been launching stores for over a decade, and will lead you through the process every step of the way.
Building a new online site or store, is a lot like building a brick and mortar store...
Elements of an online store include:
- Registering Domains: Choosing an address
Choose a name for your site/ store- for example www.mystore.com. If the name is available, register it for 1, 3, 5, or more years. Private registration is also available.
- Finding Site Hosting: Choosing building-type and lot
This is a platform and a server (computer) to house your site/ store.
- Creating the Store: Building the inside rooms
Providing a shopping cart, as well as deciding on product categories, navigation and general structure.
- Configuring SSL Certificates: Making the store safe
An SSL certificate (Secure Sockets Layer), encrypts transaction information to keep personal sales information safe.
- Configuring Payment Gateways: Setting up the cash register / POS system
The site needs to confirm Credit Card information and have a place to send the money.
- Configuring Web Stat Reports: General Book Keeping
Keep track of how the business is doing, traffic to the store, what is selling, etc.
- Designing the Store graphics: Store Branding
Your store's specific branding, including logos, colors and messaging.
- Creating Product Pages: Product Information
This is where the customer decides whether to "Add to Cart" or not. The more Photos, descriptions, technical information the better!
- Creating Info Pages: Store Information
Please contact us and let's discuss what Stearns Design can do for you.